Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wish we were waiting...

Yeah, we're waiting...  but I wish we were waiting for something else.  Let me explain:

I posted, probably about a month ago, with great relief, that we got news that all our paper work had been received along with forms from all our references.  With this news, we were also told, "We're moving forward".  However, we weren't necessarily told with what we were moving forward and have yet to hear ANYTHING concerning the progress of our adoption journey.

So, yeah, we're waiting- on a home study.  But the more impatient part of me desperately wishes we were waiting for something else- our child!  Along with the impatience during our "wait", frustration fills the remaining space of my thoughts on it all.  The question, "How's the adoption process coming?", once an exciting or at least pleasant question to answer, has now become a boiling pot of disappointment and frustration.  Why?  Because all I have to respond with is, "UGH!  We're still waiting to have the home study conducted!"

Of course, being frustrated and disappointed doesn't really help too much.  So Clif and I are left trying to decide on the best action for now.  State our concerns about the communication and slow progress with the party concerned?  Take the business of "our lives" elsewhere?  Perhaps we will try the first of these two options and see where it gets us...  Maybe next time I post it will be with cheer and good news...  or at least cheer :).

2 comments:

  1. We're right there with you! So eager to move a step forward. It's sooooo slow!!! and there are SO MANY BABIES who need homes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're getting closer to moving a step forward... Unfortunately, as you well know, we'll simply be moving a step toward waiting lol. "I think I can, I think I can!" :) Worth it in the well-awaited end!

    ReplyDelete